The Legal Writing program is delighted to announce the five finalists for this year’s Richard Grand Legal Writing Competition:
- Joseph Austin (1L)
- Matthew Chandler (2L)
- Benjamin Harville (3L)
- Jared Jorde (2L)
- Annie Ross (1L)
These finalists were selected from 40 entries. We were impressed by the variety and the high quality of the submissions. Selecting the five finalists was difficult, and we warmly commend all who wrote. Our five outside judges will determine the final order of the awards. This year’s judges are:
- The Honorable Robert M. Brutinel, Justice, Arizona Supreme Court;
- The Honorable Wendy Morton, Commissioner, Maricopa County Superior Court;
- Timothy Eigo, Editor-in-chief of Arizona Attorney magazine;
- Troy Larkin, Attorney, U.S. Customs and Border Protection; and
- Jeremy A. Lite, Attorney, Quarles and Brady, LLP
The awards reception will be held on Monday, January 30, at noon in the Sullivan room. The final order of the awards will be announced at that time. All faculty, staff, administration, Grand judges, and Grand participants (and their friends and guests) are invited to attend.
As always, the Legal Writing Program is grateful to attorney Richard Grand for his generosity in creating, inspiring, and funding this competition.