Saturday Excursion (optional)
After the conference, on Saturday, September 30th, conference attendee and local expert André De Leon has graciously organized a narrated tour up Mount Lemmon.
- Venture through eight distinctive biomes in a driving tour that reaches elevations of 11,000 feet
- Learn about the range’s flora & fauna, geological formations and animal life
- Take in the breathtaking vistas of southern Arizona and Northern Mexico
- Have lunch at the sleepy mountaintop hamlet of Summerhaven at the Sawmill Run restaurant (not included in trip price)
- Enjoy a 90-minute tour of the Mt. Lemmon Sky Center Observatory, with live daytime viewing of celestial objects
- Total price, including transportation, bottled water and admission to the Sky Center: $50 to $90 depending on total number of participants.
Attendees will be picked up at the conference hotel at 8:30 am and dropped off between 5:30 and 6 pm. Attendees should pack a camera, sun hat, light jacket and hiking boots or sturdy shoes. Trip requires a minimum number of participants - if not enough people register, those who have already paid will be issued a refund.
Please register by contacting André directly at email@example.com.