Prepare for Your Exams
- If you have ExamSoft installed on your computer from a previous semester or another institution, it is highly recommended that you uninstall ExamSoft before you install Exam4.
- Do not upgrade your operating system (OS) without checking to see if Exam4 supports the new OS - https://www.exam4.com/support/
- Take a practice exam to work out technical problems in advance. Law IT will not have time to help troubleshoot technical problems in the minutes before the exam start time. Taking a practice exam will also allow you to grow accustom to the software interface and features before you take your exams.
Register and Download Exam4
Note: You will have to download the software twice per semester - once before midterms and again just before final exams.
- The midterm exam download is active 9/14/2018 - 11/26/2018 - this build does not support macOS Mojave 10.14/ Windows 10 V1809.
- The final exam download will be active starting 11/30/2018- this build will support macOS Mojave 10.14/ Windows 10 V1809.
You can register and download your UA Law specific Exam4 software at https://www.exam4.com/org/590
Launch the Exam4 software. The Practice Exam option appears on the second Exam4 screen under Course selection and it is listed near the top in the pulldown menu.
Your 3 Digit Exam Number
Exam numbers are used for the purpose of anonymous grading. They are issued twice per semester - once for midterms and once for final exams. The Registrar will email all students before each set of exam numbers are available.
Log into the Student Center section in UAccess (https://uaccess.arizona.edu/) to obtain your exam number. Find your exam number in UAccess: Student Center> My Academics > "View My Exam Number" link.
Exam4 "How To" Documentation
- Exam4 Screenshot Documentation for in-class Exams (PDF)
- Exam4 Screenshot Documentation for Take Home Exams (PDF)
Note: Take Home Exams are both downloaded and uploaded via the Exam4 website. You do not use the software itself for Take Home Exams.
Computer Lab Reservations
|12/10/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/11/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/11/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
|12/12/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/12/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
|12/13/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/13/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
|12/14/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/14/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
|12/17/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/17/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
|12/18/2018 - Morning Session||Register|
|12/18/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
|12/19/2018 - Afternoon Session||Register|
Examination Rules and Regulations
The latest Exam schedules can be found here.
Exam Day Tech Support
Law IT staff will be available in the classrooms along with the Exam Proctor starting approximately 1/2 hour before the exam start times. Please arrive at your exam 1/2 hour before the exam start time. If the Law IT staff does not have time to help with technical problems in the minutes leading up to the exam start time, you might be asked to stay for the exam instructions and then leave with the IT proctor to another classroom to solve the technical problem. You will take your exam in another classroom. Law IT will also be available during the exams in the law lobby. Quietly head to the lobby with your computer for technical support if you experience any mid-exam problems.
Reserve a lab computer
There are 15 lab computers available per session. Computers in the lab are available on a first reserved basis. You must arrive in the computer lab 30 minutes prior to the start time of your exam. Your reservation will be given to a waiting student if you have not arrived in the computer lab at least 15 minutes before the exam start time. A lab reservation system is used for final exams and the lab reservation system will be made available approximately 2 weeks before final exams begin.
Exam Support Contact Information
College of Law IT Support
Special Accommodations and Exam Schedule Questions
Asst. Dean of Student Affairs
Office Number 150C
Phone: (520) 621-8602