Legal Paraprofessional Scholarships
In partnership with the Marshall Foundation, this scholarship will help support students who wish to obtain the necessary education to become an LP. If selected, students will receive a one-time award of $1,450.00 deposited directly into their Bursar’s Account and applied to the costs of attendance associated with the University of Arizona BA in Law or Master of Legal Studies programs.
- Students must be admitted or enrolled in either in the BA in Law program or the Master of Legal Studies program and completing the LP coursework.
- Students must have a demonstrated interest and commitment to becoming a licensed Legal Paraprofessional. This can be shown either by the classes completed thus far or work experience prior to attendance.
- Students can only be awarded this scholarship one time.
Application and materials must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on July 31, 2023.
An incomplete or late application package will not be considered. Scholarships will be distributed in Fall of 2023.
This award will help support LPs pursue licensure by providing reimbursement of the costs associated with testing (specifically one core exam and one endorsement area exam) and the state licensure application fees.
Once selected, students will need to submit proof of completion of each exam and submission of the licensing application to receive the one-time reimbursement for those costs totaling a maximum amount of $550.00.
- Students must be enrolled in the final semester or graduated from the University of Arizona’s BA in Law program or the Master of Legal Studies (MLS) program. Graduation status will be confirmed before awards are made.
- Students must have a demonstrated interest and commitment to becoming a licensed Legal Paraprofessional.
- Proof of completion of each exam and submission of the licensing application required to receive reimbursement for those costs totaling a maximum amount of $550.00 within 6 months of receiving the award.
- Application materials are accepted on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Students can only receive the reimbursement one time.