I am writing to share information on the resources available through the University of Arizona Life & Work Connections website lifework.arizona.edu to support you as you navigate this unprecedented and challenging time. We will share additional resources as we have them available.
While our employee assistance counselors are not available in person because of the reduced on-site campus operations, employees and their covered dependents have telehealth and e-counseling access through their EPO and PPO insurance plans. Working with the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA), we were able to secure an agreement for waived copays for medical services and mental health visits through telehealth and e-counseling visits at this time for three of our four insurance carriers. These include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – download BlueCare Anywhere
- Cigna – download AmWell or MD Live
- UnitedHealthcare – download AmWell or Teladoc (Also covers UA Alternative plan)
- Aetna – download Doctor on Demand. (Copay for e-counseling not waived at this time)
If the copay waiver for telehealth and e-counseling with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, or UnitedHealthcare does not work, please call ADOA at 1-800-304-3687 and ask to be connected with your dedicated insurance vendor. Employees on the domestic partner plan should call UnitedHealthcare at 1-800-357-0971.
Sick and Backup Childcare
Trusting Connections, the University’s backup childcare provider, is continuing to provide services when regularly scheduled childcare is not available. Registration is required for employees and students. Call 520-448-0873 or email email@example.com for more information.
Other Employee Assistance Services
To schedule a telephone or video consultation, please contact the providers listed below directly by email:
- Adult and elder care consultations: Eileen Lawless, MSW, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childcare and parenting consultations: Lourdes A. Rodríguez, MS, email@example.com
- Nutrition and health coaching: Cindy Davis, MPH, RDN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to contact Josephine Corder, UA Director of Life & Work Connections, with any questions.