Professor’s Sepe areas of expertise include business organizations, corporate finance, contract theory, law and economics, law and philosophy, and empirical methods. His main scholarship focuses on theoretical and empirical problems related to corporate governance, although he has recently expanded his research interest to contract law, the theory of institutions, and political philosophy. He holds doctoral degrees in both law and economics. Professor Sepe practiced banking and finance law at Clifford Chance, an international law firm based in London, and worked as an investment banker at Fortress Investment Group in London and New York.
SSRN Published Papers
- Citizen Corp., 100 Wash. U. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2022).
- Contract Remedies for the New Economy Collaborations, 101 Tex. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2022).
- Blood in the Water: The Value of Anti-takeover Provisions During Market Shocks, 143 J. Fin. Econ. 1070 (2022).
- The Nonrandom Walk of Knowledge, 37 Soc. Phil. & Pol. (2021).
- Corporate Law and the Myth of Efficient Market Control, 105 Cornell L. Rev. 101 (2020) (with William J. Bratton).
- Shareholder Collaboration, 98 Tex. L. Rev. 863 (2020).
- CEO Pay Redux, 96 Tex. L. Rev. 205 (2017).
- Staggered Boards and Long-Term Firm Value, Revisited, 126 J. Fin. Econ. 422 (2017).
- Board and Shareholder Power, Revisited, 101 Minn. L. Rev. 1377 (2017).
- Commitment and Entrenchment in Corporate Governance, 110 Nw. U. L. Rev. 727 (2016).
- The Shareholder Value of Empowered Boards, 68 Stan. L. Rev. 67 (2016).
- Paying for Risk: Bankers, Compensation, and Competition, 100 Cornell L. Rev. 655 (2015).
- Disentangling Liberalization and Privatization Policies: Is There a Political Trade-Off?, 42 J. Comp. Econ. 1033 (2014).
- Lawyers and Fools: Lawyer-Directors in Public Corporations, 102 Geo. L. J. 413 (2014).
- Intruders in the Boardroom: The Rise of Constituency Directors, 91 Wash. U. L. Rev. 311 (2013).
- Complete List of Publications
Ph.D. (Economics) Toulouse School of Economics, Toulouse, France
J.S.D. Yale Law School
M.Sc. (Financial Economics) Toulouse School of Economics, Toulouse (France)
Ph.D (Law and Economics) University of Siena, Siena (Italy)
LL.M. Yale Law School
Laurea in Giurisprudenza (J.D. ) LUISS University, Rome (Italy)