Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
University Update & COL Status
Provided the health metrics remain positive, beginning next Monday, Oct. 26, the University of Arizona will allow in-person and flex in-person classes of 50 or fewer students to begin meeting face to face.
- Thank you to the more than 200 students who completed our survey about resuming law classes face to face. A decision about College of Law plans for next week will be announced later this week.
- When law classes do resume in-person instruction, all students will continue to have the option to attend remotely. Resuming in-person classes is something you may opt in to do, but it is not required.
- See the latest College of Law Instruction Stage information here.
Reentry Training Videos
To help you know what to expect when the College of Law resumes in-person instruction, please watch these two reentry videos.
- Campus Reentry: See what our rearranged spaces look like and learn the new protocols for building and classroom traffic flow, seating arrangements in classrooms and common areas, library procedures, workspace sanitation and more. (6 minutes)
- Health and Safety Checklist: A quick guide to the key mitigation steps required of all students, faculty and staff when coming to campus. (1 minute)
- COVID-19 Testing Results from UA COVID-19 Dashboard (all test types, all test sources, all affiliations)
- President Robbins Campus Reentry Briefing - Oct. 19
- There are zero students in the isolation dorms.
- The Rt for the university zip code as of Oct. 15 was 0.35. (Goal is to remain below 1.0)
- The university is planning an appointment-only testing blitz in November and will survey all students about Thanksgiving travel plans in order to help students travel safely and minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Disease Outbreak Outlook in Arizona and Pima County - Oct. 16 (attached) via Dr. Joe Gerald/UA Zuckerman College of Public Health
- Cases are increasing statewide, while case rates continue to decline in Pima County.
- Weekly COVID-19 Forecast Model Reports
Bear Down and Mask Up,
Marc, Bernadette, and Leah
on behalf of the Arizona Law COVID Task Force Implementation Team