Updated October 19, 2:55 p.m.
Current College of Law Status
Week of Oct. 19: All Law classes, with the exception of some clinic and externship components, will continue fully online
Week of Oct. 26: Faculty and students are being surveyed about interest in resuming in-person instruction the Week of Oct. 26. A final decision on reopening will be made late in the Week of Oct. 19. Confirmation will be provided to all students, faculty and staff as soon as possible.
Building Use and Access
No visitors except for pre-approved guests are allowed in College of Law facilities. Faculty, staff and students are not permitted to bring family members or other non-law school guests into the buildings.
Building access is only available via CatCard swipe for the entirety of the fall semester.
Only those students participating in the in-person clinic or externship components or who have explicit permission from Dean Jordan-Curtis may enter College of Law facilities during Stage 1. Faculty and staff are permitted to be on campus to perform core functions.
Review and commit to the college's Pledge for a Safe Return
Every person on campus must follow these rules at all times:
- Complete the Wildcat Well Check each day before coming to campus (Does not apply to pre-approved visitors. Pre-approved visitors are asked to take their temperature at home or at the lobby touchless temperature kiosk.)
- Wear a face covering unless you are alone in a single-occupancy office
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer
- Stay home if you are sick
See all of the latest College of Law Communications
Where can I get the latest campus COVID and reentry info?
What are my COVID-19 testing options?
Students, faculty and staff have access to free testing on campus. Anyone returning to campus in person must first take an antigen test and receive a negative result.Learn about and register for testing
Is the Law Library open?
The Cracchiolo Law Library is open to law library staff only during Stage 1. When Flex In-Person classes are approved to resume in-person instruction during Stage 2, students will have in-person access to the library 24/7 according to the Red Team / Blue Team schedule. All library services will continue to be offered remotely regardless of what stage the college is in.Get full Law Library details
What is the current grading policy?
As announced on Sept. 23, JD students can elect to receive a Pass/No-Pass for one or more classes for the fall 2020 semester. They must first communicate this intention to their instructors by Oct. 16.See the grading policy details
Where can I get extra support?
Arizona Law is committed to supporting our students, staff and faculty in the many challenges caused by the pandemic. The Community Wellness, Engagement, and Support Working Group prepared a non-exhaustive list of campus, local and online resources to address needs including mental health, childcare, finances and more.Explore support resources
- September 28, 2020 | Responsibility Pledge; No-Visitor Policy
- September 23, 2020 | Grading Policy -- Fall 2020
- September 22, 2020 | New COVID Dashboard, Student Resources
- September 22, 2020 | Resource Guide for Students, Shelter in Place
- September 17, 2020 | The Impact of the Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs
- September 14, 2020 | Student Support, Employee Training
- September 10, 2020 | College of Law Student Financial Hardship Fund
- September 8, 2020 | Protocol for Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases; Welcome Back Kits
- September 8, 2020 | Grading Policy, Required COVID Self-Reporting
- September 4, 2020 | Stage 1 Extending through Week of 9/7
- August 31, 2020 | Stage 1 Continues; Mask Up & Bear Down!
- August 27, 2020 | "UA" Masks: Updated Distribution Details for the College of Law
- August 24, 2020 | Return to Work Stage 2: Classroom Technology update
- August 24, 2020 | Employee Antigen Testing; COVID Watch Download; Welcome Back Kit
- August 24, 2020 | Welcome Back Kits Now Available; Download the COVID Exposure App
- August 17, 2020 | COL Covid Faculty & Staff Update: Mitigation Measures, Get Tested, Furlough FAQs
- August 17, 2020 | STUDENTS: Stage 1 Launch, Get Tested, Red/Blue Teams
- August 16, 2020 | Forward Together -- A Message For the Start of This Law School Term
- August 13, 2020 | Law Library - Stage 1
- August 12, 2020 | Mail Procedures - Fall 2020
- August 10, 2020 | Stage 1 details, University Updates, Antigen Testing, COVID Reports
- August 7, 2020 | NSR Cmte → Arizona Law COVID Task Force
- August 4, 2020 | Updates, Survey, COVID Report
- July 31, 2020 | Fall Reopening -- ramp-up dates
- July 29, 2020 | Updated Plan, University Directives, COVID Update
- July 27, 2020 | Today's announcement from Provost: a staged start to the fall term
- July 17, 2020 | Fall Academic Calendar -- UPDATE
- July 9, 2020 | A Message For and About Our International Students
- July 4, 2020 | Additional guidance, information, and planning
- June 26, 2020 | UPDATE: Face Masks Required at College of Law
- June 21, 2020 | Fall Return Planning Continues
- June 12, 2020 | NSR Committee next steps, more on face coverings, and weekly UA briefings
- June 5, 2020 | Town Halls, Face Coverings, and more
- May 30, 2020 | Weekly Update on College Safe-Return Planning. May 25 to May 29
- May 22, 2020 | New Safe Return Committees -- Share Your Input
- May 16, 2020 | COVID-19 & Law Coalition; LawCat Collaborative
- May 12, 2020 | New Safe Return Committee
- March 25, 2020 | Thank you -- adapting, adjusting, & supporting each other
- March 25, 2020 | Grading Policy FAQs
- March 24, 2020 | Faculty Decision on JD Grading Policy Change -- Spring 2020 Term
- March 23, 2020 | College of Law Buildings Closure
- March 23, 2020 | Life, Work and Wellness - Resources for Faculty & Staff
- March 21, 2020 | More (Update)...Responding to our times: proposed changes in grading policy (and beyond)
- March 21, 2020 | Responding to our times: proposed changes in grading policy (and beyond)
- March 21, 2020 | Available student support in a time of coronavirus
- March 20, 2020 | Revised Academic Grading and Eligibility Policies
- March 20, 2020 | UA College of Law Convocation 2020
- March 20, 2020 | Updated University of Arizona COVID-19 Externship Policy
- March 17, 2020 | Law Library Changes & Support
- March 16, 2020 | Limited Building Access Starting Tuesday, March 17
- March 12, 2020 | College of Law Facilities: COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- March 12, 2020 | COVID-19 Externship Policy Update
- March 12, 2020 | Career Development Office COVID-19 Mitigation Policy
- March 12, 2020 | Remote Work Arrangements for Staff
- March 12, 2020 | A Message from Dean Marc Miller: Safety First: Coronavirus COL Response