Criminal Law & Policy Program
Prepare for a career in criminal prosecution, defense and policy with core courses such as Criminal Procedure, Criminal Law, Evidence, and Trial Advocacy. Advanced courses include Capital Punishment, DNA and Criminal Justice, White Collar Crime, and more.
Enhance your classroom experience with real-client casework in one of our criminal law clinics:
- Attorney General Clinic
- Child and Family Law Clinic
- Civil Rights Restoration Clinic
- Criminal Defense Clinic
- Criminal Prosecution Clinic
- Immigration Law Clinic
- Wrongful Conviction Clinic
Meet prominent practitioners and academics addressing cutting-edge criminal law issues through the Program in Criminal Law and Policy (PCLP) weekly speaker series, covering topics such as the use of polygraphs, victims' rights, prosecuting elected officials, and collecting intelligence in terrorism cases. Hear from prosecutors and victims, defense attorneys and defendants, law enforcement officials, forensic professionals and policymakers.
- News and events from the Criminal Law and Policy program blog
- Criminal Law and Policy JD certificate requirements (PDF)
- Master of Legal Studies concentration in Criminal Law and Policy