University of Arizona Law is the only law school with a full-tuition scholarship program dedicated to students with science and technology backgrounds. This opportunity is reserved for high-performing students with a STEM undergraduate degree or significant work experience in a STEM position.
TechLaw Fellowship Benefits
- A full-tuition scholarship to the University of Arizona Law JD program
- A $10,000 supplemental cash stipend distributed as $5,000 during your second year of study and $5,000 during your third year of study at University of Arizona Law
- Exclusive employment opportunities with our panel of TechLaw employers
- A formal program of study—guided by a dedicated faculty advisor for each fellow—including an introductory course in Tech Policy, Privacy Law, or Innovation for Justice in spring of your first year, as well as upper level law-and-business-of-technology courses including tech policy, cyberlaw, privacy, innovation for justice, health law, and MIS.
- A dedicated faculty mentor and an assigned external mentor who works in law and technology
- Special programming at the intersection of law, business, and science throughout the University of Arizona such as:
- the monthly Space Business Roundtable,
- the work of the Intellectual Property Clinic and the Innovation for Justice initiative at the College of Law, and
- the McGuire Center of Entrepreneurship at the Eller College of Management
TechLaw Fellowships may be offered in addition to tuition scholarships.
Application and Interview Process
TechLaw Fellowship Application Deadline: Jan. 27, 2023
- Apply to University of Arizona Law
- Apply to be interviewed for a TechLaw Fellowship (only admitted students will be considered for interviews)
- A select number of applicants will be invited to the TechLaw Fellowship Interview Weekend, Feb. 23-25, 2023 (interviews on Friday, Feb. 24). If selected to interview for a TechLaw Fellowship, we will provide you with:
- Full transportation to visit University of Arizona Law for the TechLaw Fellowship Interview program. This includes round-trip coach airfare for admits outside of Arizona and reimbursement of mileage for those in-state.
- Hotel accommodations for two nights
The TechLaw Fellowship is a three-year program, and due to its structure is not available to candidates applying via the Advanced Admissions for Non-U.S. Lawyers path.
If you have questions about the TechLaw Fellowship, please contact us at email@example.com or (520) 621-3477.