Civil Justice Initiative
Building on our longstanding strength as a national leader in trial advocacy and tort law and on emerging strengths in civil procedure and alternative dispute resolution, University of Arizona Law is devoting even more resources to the area of civil justice.
The Civil Justice Initiative includes:
- The Peter Chase Neumann Lecture on Civil Justice
- Additional classes and other training to prepare students for existing and future careers
- Research and policy engagement on issues including: the changing law of class actions, multi-district litigation, mandatory alternative dispute resolution, insurance law, the impact and use of science and technology on civil disputes, and civil litigation rule reform.
- Close collaboration with the bar, the judiciary, and public and government leaders on civil justice issues.
- Activities and education in comparative civil justice, in cooperation with our global partners.
Our Trial Advocacy Program is the centerpiece of the Civil Justice Initiative. Many students are involved with intercollegiate and national competitions, as well as advocacy and writing competitions at Arizona Law.