Global Programs and Initiatives
Globalization is a profound and central shift affecting every aspect of law and legal practice.
University of Arizona Law is committed to equipping students with the skills they need to enter this new world of law through sustained efforts under the Arizona Law Global Initiative.
This initiative works to
- Internationalize the Arizona Law community, so that all students gain familiarity with different cultures and legal systems;
- Deliver outstanding legal education to non-U.S. lawyers and others in order to prepare them for multi-jurisdictional practice;
- Provide students with premier study abroad and dual degree choices for a multi-jurisdictional, global legal education
- Develop international educational partnerships and build a worldwide legal learning network;
- Establish and strengthen programs in areas of increasing global import, such as mining law, environmental law, and international trade and business;
- Enrich the curriculum with speakers, workshops, lectures and other activities that promote global awareness and international practice skills.
Professor of Law; Associate Dean for Programs & Innovation
Director of Global Programs