JD Certificate - International Trade & Business Law
The International Trade & Business Law JD certificate program provides you with the opportunity to prepare for careers in international trade, investment and/or business law. The certificate program draws upon the extensive course offerings provided each year in the international law area, with a strong training in courses related to effective representation of business clients.
1. GPA 2.75 and maintained until graduation.
2. Must take: International Trade Law.
3. Must take one (1) of the following: Regional Trade agreements; International Investment law; Comparative Commercial Law I or II; International Commercial Transactions. Other courses as offered and approved by the program advisor.
4. Must take three (3) additional International courses, for a total of five international law courses.
5. Must take five (5) US Domestic law courses.
You can join at any time, and you may withdraw from the program, or change programs, without penalty, by notifying your advisor. If you have questions regarding what courses count toward the certificate, please contact the program advisor.
A candidate’s law review or journal note, or independent substantial paper on a topic related to the certificate courses may be counted toward the certificate requirements, with the approval of the program advisor. However, service on the Review or Journal per se does not count toward the certificate.