Justin Pidot graduated with high honors from Wesleyan University before attending Stanford Law School, where he graduated with distinction and was editor in chief of the Stanford Environmental Law Journal. Professor Pidot served as the Deputy Solicitor for Land Resources for the Department of the Interior during the Obama Administration. He also clerked for Judge Judith W. Rogers of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Prior to joining the University of Denver faculty, he was an appellate litigator at the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, where he presented argument in more than a dozen federal appellate cases and acted as the staff attorney on two cases before the United States Supreme Court. Professor Pidot also completed a fellowship at the Georgetown Environmental Law & Policy Institute. Professor Pidot’s scholarship and teaching focus on environmental law, natural resources law, and federal courts.
- The Bureau of Land Management’s Infirm Compensatory Mitigation Policy, 30 Fordham Environmental Law Journal 2 (2018).
- The Common Law of Liable Party CERCLA Claims, 70 Stanford Law Review 191 (2018) (co-author, with Dale Ratliff).
- Tie Votes in the Supreme Court, 101 Minnesota Law Review 245 (2016).
- Governance and Uncertainty, 37 Cardozo Law Review 113 (2016).
- Environmental Settlements and Administrative Law, 38 Harvard Environmental Law Review 191 (2015) (co-author, with Courtney McVean).
- Complete List of Publications
- J.D. Stanford Law School
Graduated with Distinction
- B.A. Wesleyan University
- Professor of Law; Co-director of the Environmental Law Program
James E. Rogers College of Law
2019 - present
- Professor of Law, Associate Professor with Tenure, & Assistant Professor
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
2011 - 2019
- Deputy Solicitor for Land Resources
U.S. Department of the Interior
2016 - 2017
- Attorney, Appellate Section
Environment & Natural Resources Division, U.S. Department of Justice
2008 - 2011
- Law Clerk
Judge Judith W. Rogers, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
2007 - 2008
Georgetown Environmental Law and Policy Institute, Washington, D.C.
2006 - 2007