Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
This week’s COVID-19 update includes details on campus antigen and wastewater testing, free mask distribution, and the key steps you should be following to keep yourself and others safe.
Stage 1 Continues
- Last week, the provost announced that the university will extend Stage 1 of campus reentry through at least this week, to allow additional time to monitor data and implement mitigation and testing efforts.
- As a reminder, for the College of Law, this means that all classes and services will be fully online, except certain clinic and externship components.
- Check the current College of Law status and rules at any time at law.arizona.edu/covid.
Free Mask Distribution + Welcome Back Kit Reminder
- College of Law Welcome Back Kit distribution (in the law parking lot) is 7-11 a.m. tomorrow and Wednesday for Red Team students and 7-11 a.m. Sept. 8-9 for Blue Team students. Faculty and staff may attend any distribution time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make alternate arrangements for pick up.
- Reminder: first-year law students will have their Welcome Back Kit mailed to them along with their Arizona Law t-shirt. Please do not pick-up at the College of Law.
- Students and Professors of Practice can pick up 2 free UA reusable masks (CatCard required) at any of the UA Bookstores.
- Faculty and staff can pick up your 2 free UA masks at the College of Law starting tomorrow. See distribution details here.
How to Do Your Part
We know there is an enormous volume of COVID and campus reentry information to process right now. Please remember, these are the most critical steps to follow:
- Get an antigen test before coming to campus
- Stay home if you’re sick or have been exposed to someone who is
- Download the COVID Watch Arizona app to help track and notify you of exposure
- Complete the Wildcat WellCheck every day - required if coming to campus
- Wear a face covering at all times (unless outside AND physically distanced)
- Practice physical distancing of at least six feet
- Thoroughly and frequently wash your hands and use hand sanitizer
- Disinfect your work space before and after use
- President Robbins Weekly Briefing - Aug. 27
- There have been incidents of students not complying with face coverings and physical distancing, but so far, campus testing shows the vast majority of people are healthy. We must remain vigilant and responsible to keep community transmission low.
- Campus wastewater testing has begun and already identified and preempted a possible outbreak. After detecting coronavirus in the Likins Hall wastewater, the university gave rapid-result antigen tests to all 300+ dorm residents, identifying two positive but asymptomatic residents who were then moved to the isolation dorm for quarantine.
- More than 11,000 users have already downloaded the COVID Watch Arizona app for exposure notifications. Thank you!
- COVID-19 Disease Outbreak Outlook in Arizona and Pima County - Aug. 28 (attached) via Dr. Joe Gerald/UA Zuckerman College of Public Health
- Good news statewide; no obvious effect of campus reopening thus far.
- Weekly COVID-19 Forecast Model Reports
Thank you for your ongoing diligence and community engagement!
Marc, Bernadette, and Leah
on behalf of the Arizona Law COVID Task Force Implementation Team