Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
As we informed you last week, the College of Law is not adding any additional in-person classes for the remainder of the fall semester.
We have received approval from the Provost to open our buildings to students for use on their designated Red/Blue Team weeks, which we have begun, effective October 25.
Red/Blue Team Overview
Team assignments were emailed to every student on Aug. 13 with the subject line, “Red/Blue Team Assignment--Arizona Law New Safe Return Plan.” If you don’t know which team you’re on, email Chris Gast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week, Oct. 25 - 31, is a RED TEAM WEEK. For this week, students on the RED TEAM have the ability to:
- Use the Law Library in person. Please see the Law Library website for complete details on access, hours, and services, including our new library seat reservation system.
- Use assigned Law classroom space for accessing your online classes. You can find those assignments on your course schedule in UAccess. If you are unsure of a classroom assignment, please email Chris Gast at email@example.com.
- Study and gather -- physically distanced and in small groups -- in the college’s indoor and outdoor seating areas. Please follow all signs and do not move any furniture.
Next week, Nov. 1 - 7 is a BLUE TEAM WEEK. On those days, BLUE TEAM students will have these same in-person building access options, while RED TEAM students must be fully online.
See the complete Red Team/Blue Team weekly schedule on our Student Coronavirus Information page.
Before You Return to Campus
Even though we’re not resuming in-person instruction, it is crucial that you follow all reentry guidelines when you are on campus for any reason during your allotted weeks. To keep our community as safe as possible, be sure to:
- Get Tested
- Wear a Face Covering
- Review and commit to the college’s Pledge for a Safe Return
- Watch our Building Reentry Training video
- Download the Covid Watch App
- Complete your Wildcat WellCheck every day
- Get a Flu Shot: Students | Employees
- Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who may be sick
- COVID-19 Testing Results from UA COVID-19 Dashboard (all test types, all test sources, all affiliations)
- President Robbins Campus Reentry Briefing - Oct. 26
- The Rt for Pima County is 0.99, and for the university zip code it is 0.68. (Goal is to remain below 1.0)
- The university is conducting an appointment-only testing blitz Nov. 9-15 in advance of the Thanksgiving break.
- Students - you are required to complete the Thanksgiving Travel Survey by this Sunday, Nov. 1.
- Review student options for holiday travel
- COVID-19 Disease Outbreak Outlook in Arizona and Pima County - Oct. 21 (attached) via Dr. Joe Gerald/UA Zuckerman College of Public Health
- Statewide cases and hospitalizations are rising, possibly due to “pandemic fatigue” and slow normalization of social interactions among groups.
- Weekly COVID-19 Forecast Model Reports
Bear Down and Mask Up,
Marc, Bernadette, and Leah
on behalf of the Arizona Law COVID Task Force Implementation Team